Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rangers Cards from Carl Crawford Cards

I won a random contest from Paul over at Carl Crawford Cards back in October. Paul sent me one of the two TTMs he received back from one of the Rays players. Patience grasshopper, you'll see it shortly. We turned it into a trade so he included a bunch of Rangers plus some dupes of his blog's namesake. Let's get to it!


We'll start with the prize from the contest. This sweet TTM auto of Jonny Gomes on a 2002 Topps 206 is an awesome prize. Paul got two of these autos back from Gomes, but the other was on an A&G card. He gave me the option of which card I wanted. That's a good contest and thanks again Paul.


This 5 pack of assorted Carl Crawford cards was included in the deal. They are great. I'm not going to add him to my personal player collection list because Paul and the Troll are the big Rays fans around here, but these are definitely going in my Mauer/Yaz binder.



1982 Topps Nolan Ryan. Night Owl calls this the Hockey Stick set. It fits. You have to hand it to Houston for not having boring colors back in the day. I'll bet no batter stepped in the box and giggled at Nolan's uni. At least not more than once.




Here we have an uber shiny 2008 Heritage Chrome Jarrod Saltalamacchia #666/1959. I'm a little concerned about the numbering...., but I like the shininess.





2003 Heritage Kevin Mench. Kevin was definitely one of my favorites. He played the game the way kids play...with reckless abandon and some weirdness thrown in. I loved it! It didn't hurt that his nickname was Shrek.





Any Josh Hamilton is a good one and this 2003 Heritage version is great. I don't have many of Josh's early cards so this fills a hole in the ol' collection.





With the release of 2009 Topps 206, I think it's only appropriate that we highlight this nice 2002 Topps 206 Frank Catalanotto Polar Bear mini. I've got a few of these minis, but this is my first Ranger.



My favorite card out of the trade is this 2006 Bowman Heritage Ian Kinsler. Or maybe it was the Josh Hamilton. But the auto from the contest was great. Oh well, I liked them all, plus the other 30 cards. Thanks Paul!



1 comment: