Friday, December 11, 2009

Wild Cardz from Mike and the Little CEO: Warning Hostage Situation Ahead

This really isn't a trade package because Mike over at JDs Wild Cardz just sent this out of the blue and didn't want anything in return. That is one of the things that amazes me about the blogsophere. People all over the place bust a little wax and actually have stacks of cards with your name on them. It's proof that generosity still exists. At any rate, I did manage to send Mike a package in return, including some SP Authentic goodies that he wasn't able to get due to a cranky shopowner. Let's have a look at what Mike sent, shall we?

I had to start out with these two. Mike inadvertently sent over two of the players from Big D's wantlist. Big D runs Hey, That's Mine. When I emailed Mike about these two, he said I should hold them hostage, which is what I've been doing. Big D, I'll put these in a stack for you!





The oddly perforated parallel of Derek Holland from the 2009 Topps Ticket to Stardom. I need to figure out which parallels I have and don't have. Or do I?







2009 Goudey 4-1 Young, Kinsler, Uggla, Ramirez. I don't recall buying any 2009 Goudey so I've only seen these on other blogs. The artsy pics are a little odd, but it has two of my favorite Rangers so I like it.




It isn't often that I can say I like the modern day checklists, but this is a fun card. I can only smile watching all three of my favorite Rangers having a little "Photo Day Fun".




This card just blew me away. I had seen it on Mike's blog, but I must say, it looks better in my hand. It is a nice 2009 UD Ballpark Collection Quad with Ian Kinsler, Miguel Cabrera, Derrek Lee and Jeremy Hermida. It's numbered 275/500 and much like you, I don't get the connection between the four. That doesn't mean I can't like it.

Mike, thanks for the generosity. It is much appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. 2009 UD Ballpark Collection Quad with Miguel Cabrera, due i'll trade you for that card....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I like about that one is all four swatches are different. One Ranger blue, one white (meh), one Cubs blue, and one pinstripe. Much better than four plain white swatches.

    Don Ortega, I think I'll hold on to that one for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the four swatch relics, especially when they are four different colored jerseys.

    ReplyDelete