Monday, January 11, 2010

Going Postal Revisited plus what happens when you don't blog on the weekend

Last Friday I posted about a failed trip to the post office. It drew a fairly high number of comments for a non-contest blog (for me anyway). First, I'd like everyone to know that I did make it back to the post office on Friday and I was second in line. I only had 6 packages going out so it wasn't too bad, but by the time I finished, there were 8 people in line behind me. Irritated people. Oh well, I'm sorry, but those are your tax dollars at work. Hopefully, there will be 6 happy people today or within a day or two. You know, when they get their packages.


I wanted to comment on some of the comments from that post.

I used to live at that automated machine Jeremy and Beardy mentioned. Then they took it out of the big post office. "They", you know who I'm talking about, said it was gone for good. What? Now I have to wait in line like everone else?!?! Seriously, that is about the time I stopped selling on Ebay. I took my 660 positive feedbacks and went home. Plus I was sick and tired of putting up auctions...every day...going to the post office. Sick of it. I was never going to do that again. Ummm....yea, it's not like posting every day or going to mail trade packages almost every day. It's not...because I said it's not.

My new little post office doesn't have the automated machine OR a stamp machine. I am interested in checking out what Gritz said about using Paypal. I've never done that before. Unlike the Troll, I don't get my packages at the post office so I don't have that to fall back on while I wait in line. However, I do check blogs via the Iphone.

Now, for the weekend events. I already mentioned the Vlad Guerrero signing by the Rangers. As I write this at 6:30 in the morning, that deal is still on so we'll assume it goes through.

Somehow, I missed the hubbub over the Chicle cards. I need some help from my dear readers. Who started the ranting and who did the first Chicle custom card because those are hilarious? I think I would rather collect those customs instead of the real things.

Also, I finally got that busted scanner traded in and will be trying to scan some cards today. I'm a little envious of Night Owl who recently finished scanning the ENTIRE 1975 set and I've yet to scan one, single little scrap of cardboard. Oh well, I've always been a little behind so why should this be any different.

I'm working on about 7 or 8 more packages so watch that mailbox. Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. I think Stale Gum posted the first rant, a few others including A Cardboard Problem did the same, a rebuttal was posted, I rebut the rebuttal and lost my mind a bit along the way, everyone else started piling on, The Truth was revealed, I lost my mind a little more and then Chris posted the contest. That about sums it up, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got your cards today! Thanks dude, they're real nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live near Portland State University which has a fairly large post office that includes (or did at the time) one of those handy automated machine things. I now try to hit the post office while I'm at work as there's a smaller one that's about 5 or 6 blocks away. They used to have the old style vending machines but got rid of them, so I have to buy my stamps ahead of time now. And they have no automated machine, of course.

    Hopefully my second attempt at sending you a package recently worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobie is stoked that Vlad is coming to town. I hope it pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My big problem is that the post office keeps a lot better hours than I generally do.

    ReplyDelete