Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More Cards on Cards Cards

No, that's not a typo. I'm not dumb dumb. Kerry from Cards on Cards sent me one of those "out of the blue" packages. Those are always fun and I also like sending them out when I get a chance. One of the most amazing things about blogging is the connections we make with other collectors. Trading is great, but a surprise package says someone was out there thinking about what I collect and found some of those cards and sent them my way. That is a great and generous thing. Here are just a few of the cards Kerry set aside for me.



Here is a nice, new 2010 Opening Day Where'd You Go, Bazooka Joe Ian Kinsler. I've bought less than 10 packs of this and haven't pulled any of these.


This 2004 Topps Traded Chrome Brian Jordan should be featured by Night Owl or No One's Going to Read this Blog as a part of their Scoreboards on Cards features. I did a little quick research on this card. Brian Jordan only played 61 games for Texas in 2004. On May 15th, 2004 Darren Oliver (#37) pitched for Florida in a game at St. Louis. Chris Carpenter (#29) pitched for the Cardinals. Texas played at Detroit that day, but I tried to find a picture of Comerica Park and I can't see a picture that shows a scoreboard like that where Brian Jordan would be playing in right field. Has Comerica undergone some cosmetic changes since 2004?


You can't go wrong sending me Will Clark cards. I may have mentioned that he's my all-time favorite player. All three of these are from 1996 Pinnacle.


Here is the next one from that set. It's the .300 Series card. Just a thought, maybe a picture of Will's sweet swing on a card highlighting his batting average would be nice. Maybe.
The shot on this 1996 Pinnacle Hardball Heroes card is a little better, but the creative writing team must have been on vacation. Both this card and the one above start off mentioning that switching leagues in 1994 didn't hurt Will's average. Any and all Will Clark cards are appreciated. I really need to do a master checklist for Will.
There were quite a few other cards and 4 of them will be featured in my next post. Thanks Kerry and I'm sure I'll surprise you again soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love getting surprise packages out of the blue! Both you and Cards on Cards are great about the surprise packages... Every Clark card you post is a new brand I need to see if Danny Tartabull is in... Player collecting never ends....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a scoreboard like this in right-center field at Comerica Park (my home park). The picture looks like it was taken from first base, probably from the end of the dugout. Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete