Friday, April 2, 2010

My 2010 Heritage Fantasy Team

Once again, I'll mention that Dayf over at Cardboard Junkie is running a 2010 Heritage Blaster Fantasy League. It's quite brilliant if you ask me. I posted my box break earlier today. Here is a textual, without the s, breakdown of my box.

Pack 1
Felipe Lopez, 2B
Derrek Holland, P
Hidecki Matsui, DH
Mike Napoli, C
Felix Hernandez, P
Mike Scioscia, MAN
Kyle Blanks, OF
Cole Hamels SP, P

Pack 2
Ricky Nolasco, P
Michael Saunders, OF
John Lannan, P
Hiroki Kuroda, P
Josh Bard, C
Jhonny Peralta, 3B-SS
Coco Crisp, OF
Derek Lee, 1B

Pack 3
Adam Wainright, P
Brad Hawpe, OF
Dan Uggla, 2B
Gerald Laird, C
Batting Average League Leaders,
Apollo Flashback
Chris Davis, 1B
Joey Votto, 1B

Pack 4
Cole Hamels, P
Jimmy Rollins, SS
Royals Bashers
Chone Figgins, 3B
Core Four Yankees,
Checklist
Max Scherzer, P
Jeff Niemann, P

Pack 5
Jackie Robinson,
Matt Latos, P
Alex Rios, OF
Scott Kazmir, P
Bobby Cox, MAN
Lastings Milledge, OF
Kevin Youkilis, 1B
Kelly Shoppach, C

Pack 6
John Maine, P
Micah Owings, P
Brandon Inge, 3B
Joe Blanton, P
Fausto Carmona, P
Pirates Team Card
Ryan Doumit, C
Johan Santana, P

Pack 7
Billy Butler, 1B
Clayton Kershaw, P
Chris Pettit, OF
Carlos Carrasco, P
Boston Speed Party
Athletics Team Card
Jamie Moyer, P
Chase Utley SP, 2B

Pack 8
Omir Santos, C
Aubrey Huff, 1B
Joe Nathan, P
Andrew Miller, P
Ozzie's Aces
Then and Now Maris/Fielder
Luke Hochevar, P
John Lackey, P

Here is the breakdown, if I counted right.

Catchers--6
1B--6
2B--3
SS--2
3B--3
OF--7
P--7
DH--1
MANAGERS-2
TEAMS-2

My team will be:

Catchers--Mike Napoli, Ryan Doumit
1B--Joey Votto
2B--Chase Utley (my one allowed SP)
SS--Jimmy Rollins
3B--Chone Figgins
OF--Alex Rios
OF--Brad Hawpe
OF--Kyle Blanks
CI--Kevin Youkilis
MI--Dan Uggla
OF--Lastings Milledge
Util--Derek Lee
Pitchers:
Felix Hernandez
Adam Wainwright
Clayton Kershaw
Cole Hamels
Johan Santana
Jeff Niemann
Max Scherzer
Manager: Mike Scioscia

I'm not entering the team part. With Oakland and Pittsburgh, that's a lost cause. I'm pretty happy with most spots. My outfield is weak and I have no closers. My only closer in the box was Joe Nathan and...well, we know he's not an option. Best of luck to everyone who is playing along. Thanks Dayf for a great idea.

1 comment:

  1. The Pirates might surprise...at least they shouldn't finish last! I also think Oakland has a chance to be better than terrible... Small praise, admittedly but still praise.

    ReplyDelete