Sunday, April 25, 2010

Play at the Plate 14: 1992 Donruss Triple Play

Today's edition of Play at the Plate was one that I couldn't exactly pin down to a specific game. There were a few times in 1991 when this play could have taken place. Normally, I only want to highlight plays that I can research and identify, but in this case the picture is too good not to show.

We know a few things.

It's Astros at Dodgers.

It's Steve Finley vs. Gary Carter.

Steve Finley scores.


In each instance that I found where Finley attempted to score on a play at home against the Dodgers in 1991, he was successful. This play highlights a great example of what a catcher has to put up with and I wonder if Gary Carter, playing in his 18th season, might have been less inclined to turn away from the contact earlier in his career.

2 comments:

  1. Carter was thinking "f**k this s**t" and turned away before the collision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. Is that a Dodger card?

    I bet no runner can do what Finley is doing in 2014.

    ReplyDelete