Saturday, June 26, 2010

Blogging is educational

I came across a card that normally wouldn't have registered with me too much other than to help complete a set. I say that because it features a player I know very little about. I've heard of him, but couldn't tell you anything about him except what I read on Wicked Ortega's blog a few days ago. If you've been reading My Past Time...I Love It, then you know Mr. Ortega has been on an autographed bat buying spree. He recently picked up one auto'ed by Enos Slaughter and he told the story of Slaughter's Mad Dash. That baseball moment is also highlighted on this 2010 Topps History of the World Series Enos Slaughter card.




It's a nice shot of Slaughter scoring the winning run. It's amazing what you can learn from blogs and the cards we collect.

To think, my wife thinks cards are a waste of time and money.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you shared this great piece of information with her! See? We really do this for a "real" reason!

    ReplyDelete