Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First On-Card, In Person Auto

Not mine.

My kid's.

We went to the Pirates-Rangers game back on June 23rd. It was "Autograph Wednesday", not to mention $1 Hot Dog night.

Matt Harrison, Darren Oliver and Johnny Narron were signing, but he didn't want to get in one of those lines.

He wanted to get the very first card he EVER pulled out of a pack signed. So he did.


I can't think of a better card to get signed than the one that hooked him on cards. It already occupies a place of honor on his headboard.


4 comments:

  1. Nelson's card is one of the best in that set. I love that in my first year back collecting a set I can identify a player's card before even getting to their name.

    That card should hook anyone on cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great card and excellent autograph. I guess Nelson is a good signer? Or did your boy just get lucky? Congrats to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, the first time we got him to sign was just lucky because he was coming back from his first DL trip and was working out before the game. The second time (the one on the card) was on "Autograph Wednesday" where 4 players or coaches sign autos before the game. Nelson was at the first table we came to and my son said he wanted to get that card signed.

    ReplyDelete