Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gint-A-Cuffs Recap and thoughts

I was very happy with the results of my 2010 Allen & Ginter box. As for Gint-A-Cuffs, I ended up with an unrounded 257.1 points. I certainly can't complain about the cards I pulled. I didn't get a single Negro League player card, but that is ok when I look at what I did get.


A nice hand numbered Bazooka back of Brad Hawpe.

An apparent case hit with the CLMJ Easter Bunny.


A team favorite Josh Hamilton jersey relic. This is my second Hamilton jersey by the way. I think I got the other one in the Joe Collector break.


A favorite player list Evan Longoria jersey.




Another favorite player hit with this Adam Jones auto.




My first ever Rip card, which contained a Torii Hunter extended mini.

So, 4 hits plus an Easter Bunny and a Bazooka back. A mutant box I guess.

The problem of course is that a box like this one must lead to boxes that are somewhat lacking. Enough Already posted about an entire case that seemed to be short of the good stuff. The lack of quality control is also an issue. I had a number of damaged cards in my box and I bought two blasters (at the same time) in which nearly every card had a dinged corner and one mini that was caught in the pack sealer, leaving a track mark across the top. It's not unexpected that there may be some cards that get damaged, but the number of reports of damaged cards is disturbing.

I'll let you know how my experience with Topps customer service goes.

1 comment:

  1. Those relics looks so much better than the ones A&G is putting out now.

    ReplyDelete