Friday, November 12, 2010

Do you do it?

No, not that "IT".

When you comment on a blog post, do you click the little box to be notified via email when someone else comments? Some of the blogs don't have the box, but you can click on the subscribe to comments link.

So...do you?

I just wonder because I'll oftentimes respond to a comment made on one of my blog posts and I wonder if the person who I'm commenting back too even reads it.

I always do that when I comment on someone else's blog (except for a couple that won't let me for some reason) because I want to know if they respond to my comment and I like to read what other people are saying as well.

If you don't do that, I'm curious about that as well.

So which kind of commenter are you?

12 comments:

  1. Nope. Not a bad idea, but I never do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do it when I remember, I'm pretty forgetful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't click the box. I wasn't even aware the box existed. If someone comments on something I've posted, I'll see it eventually as I'm always checking back on things.

    But, lordy, I don't need any more emails then I already get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I check it when I can. I have to know if someone acknowledged my comment, otherwise I get depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you don't seem to have a box to check here, but there is a "subscribe to email" link. I wonder why some blogs have them and others don't?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good point TJ. I never notices that before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have checked the box in the past, but usually only if I ask a question. Otherwise, I just try to remember to recheck a post I've commented on without being reminded via email.

    I agree with Night Owl, I already get way too many emails which is why I usually don't check the box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just usually try to remember where I comment and check back every now and then. My worst habit, though, is leaving a comment on a blog I come across, but don't typically follow, and then forgetting what blog it was.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually check it when I make a post especially on Blogger because it is so easy. I still do it on Wordpress as well even though it is more of a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the only time I do that is when I've made an inquiry about a potential trade, otherwise, yeah, waaaay too many emails...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It depends...

    A. If I ask a question, then I always click the box.

    B. If I'm interested in seeing what other's think about the topic then I usually click the box.

    C. If I'm bored, then I sometimes click the box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes, I'll click the box if the comments conversation has taken on a life of its own (and interests me, of course). Or, if it is contest-related where the blog author is updating via comments.

    ReplyDelete