Thursday, December 9, 2010

Is anybody else sick of this guy's name?

I'm not talking about this guy.



I'm glad the Yankees overpaid for DJ. I really am. I hope they sign him again in three years to another three year deal worth $45 million.

No, I'm talking about this guy.



I'm tired of Cliff Lee talk. It's everywhere. All the local sportsradio talk shows. All the local TV sports talk. All the local newspaper coverage. I'm tired of it.

Sure, I'd love to have Cliff Lee as the Rangers' staff ace, but there's no way I'm giving him a 7 year deal. Maybe 5 years, maybe even a mutual option on a 6th with a moderate buyout. If the Yankees or the Nationals (really, the Nationals?) want to pony up $23-25 million/year for a 6 or 7 year deal, then I say have at it. Now that Carl Crawford got tired of waiting and signed with the Red Sox, I think it would be quite comical if Lee signed with Texas or Washington. I don't think that will happen, but you just never know.

Like most people, I don't understand why $15 million/year isn't enough, but I guess it's all relative. I'm quite certain turning down that kind of money because someone else offers $20 million isn't a problem I'll ever have.

5 comments:

  1. The Cliff Lee talk will never end in Philadelphia. Even after they got Roy Halladay and he throws a playoff no-hitter. Still it is Cliff Lee 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliff Lee wasn't so stellar at the end of the season...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more sick of seeing his face in every commercial and baseball coverage than I am of hearing his name. But yeah.


    (word verification: dingle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping the Angels swoop in to sign him if Texas doesn't keep Cliff Lee. I'd be very entertained by the Yankee fans' reactions.

    I do want Lee to stay over in the American League, though.

    ReplyDelete