Monday, February 7, 2011

Gum and Cards go together

Community Gum that is.

Community Gum held a pack lottery contest using the highly confusing 2008 Topps Moments & Milestones set. You can see the results of Jon and Andy's ambitious contest here. I'm still not entirely sure how I got the cards that arrived in the package except that I got a couple things close on my guess and they sent me some amazing Rangers cards from the break.


First up is this shinified sticker auto of the nearly perfect Armando Galarraga. I vaguely remembered that there were cards of Galarraga in a Rangers uni, but of course I really remember him for his perfect...not perfect game from last year. I still say he and Jim Joyce handled that whole incident with the type of class you just don't see often enough in sports or life.

The real shock of the break was this card. I'm not a Mark Teixeira fan, but who doesn't like a real live 1/1 . This is currently my only 1/1 card and I really appreciate the boys from the Community being so generous.



I have to apologize for the bad pics. The Iphone camera isn't the best way to get pics for the blog, but it'll have to do for now.

I didn't take pics, but I got 8 other cards numbered to 150 so it was a nice package.

Thanks again to Andy and Jon for their generosity.

1 comment:

  1. I pulled a red 1/1 of Mickey Mantle as well from this product. Awesome hit.

    ReplyDelete