Sunday, March 27, 2011

Late to the Rodeo

I never really understood what that meant as a kid, but my dad said it a lot. Now that I'm a grown up (in age only), I know it means you are a little behind the times.

That certainly applies to my 2011 Heritage post. I bought a blaster, a couple of racks packs and two or three loose packs. I'd like to get one of those Target blister packs I've seen around the 'sphere, but I don't get by Target too often.

I like the cards more than I thought I would. The design isn't my favorite, but the more I see it, the more it grows on me. I love the feel of the cards. At this point, anything that's not glossy and slick feeling is great. I think these will be great for anybody who likes to do the TTM thing.

Now that we've established that I like the cards, let's get to a few of the ones I pulled. We'll start with the two chrome cards.


Lucas May Chrome...numbered out of 1962 of course.


Will Venable Chrome...

I'm not overwhelmed by these two players, although I do like the Chrome cards. I won't be going for any Chrome cards except the Texas Rangers ones.

Obviously, with the limited number of packs I've opened, I haven't seen all the cards, but next to the hideous and unmentionable (and certainly not "postable") Brian Wilson card, this is the weirdest.

It may also qualify as the ugliest. I'm not sure if Aaron is trying to look like a zombie, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the card. I only got a couple of Rangers cards, but this was my favorite.

I'll be carrying this one to the games this year to see if I can get it signed by both players. Ian Kinsler and Elvis Andrus bring such a kid-like spirit of fun to the team. I really like watching them play. Hopefully, this year, they'll be on the field more often than the DL.

That's pretty much it. No hits, no weird color tinted backgrounds, nothing. I want to say I don't want to put the whole set together. The 75 SPs make it tough, but who knows. Maybe I can finish it by the time they do a Heritage set for 1970 (please make them stop before then!).

1 comment:

  1. There are so spooky cards in 2011 Heritage. I'm glad I never pulled the Harang.

    ReplyDelete