Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dear Topps



Thank you for the 2011 Value Box.

It's been swell. I've pulled two hits from the Heritage packs and two from the Topps Series 1 packs. I've pulled lots of code cards, one of which I used to virtually "dig" a Mickey Mantle ring. On the other hand, thanks to the Value Boxes, I've got a stack of Series 1 dupes that is twice the size of the almost complete Series 1 set.

Now, I'd really love to open some Gypsy Queen packs, but I don't think you sent any to my neighborhood. Technically, I guess that's not your fault, but I still can't find any. I'll make you deal though. I'll forgive you if you'll put some Gypsy Queen packs in the 2011 Series 2 Value Boxes. I know you probably won't do that, what with GQ literally flying off shelves.

I just wanted to let you know that I won't be buying any Topps Series 2 when it comes out. Not until I see what kind of Value Boxes you put out. You see, I don't need all those dupes and I've got a feeling I'll buy enough Value Boxes to just about complete Series 2.

Thanks Topps,

Your "Valued" customer

3 comments:

  1. Good post. I don't think Gypsy Queen is at my Wal-Mart yet. Bowman may not even be there yet neither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking it will probably Allen & Ginter like last year. As long as there are two-per like the Heritage, they can count on me to buy about a half-dozen in the second half of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GQ's overrated. You didn't want any.

    ReplyDelete