Thursday, September 29, 2011

That's just Spiffy

I recently completed what I hope will be the first of many trades with Spiff of Texas Rangers Cards. This trade was a long time in the making as Spiff originally contacted me over a year ago to see if I wanted to trade Rangers for Rangers. I wanted to trade, but at that point, I hadn't started organizing my Rangers collection. It took a long time to get organized, but I'm glad Spiff didn't give up on me.

Virtually the minute I posted those Rangers wantlists, Spiff contacted me and told me he was pulling cards from the lists. When the smoke cleared, he had somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 cards for me! That's an eight with TWO zeroes!! The amazing thing is that all of these cards were on my wantlists. No fillers, just good old wantlist killing cards. Sweet!

I can't even begin to do this trade justice, but I pulled five cards that caught my eye as I went through the box. Let's get to it.





First up is this 1998 Collector's Choice Will Clark. Hmmm...Will Clark, all time favorite. Win. Play at the plate, winner winner...and you know the rest.






Next up is this shiny 2001 Bowman's Best Ivan Rodriguez. For the first time since Pudge left the Rangers, I'm really, really happy with the catching situation in Texas. Mike Napoli did a number on his former team the last few days and had a career year to boot.






Next up is this amazing, shiny 2002 Topps Chrome C.J. Wilson. This card is great and so is C.J. Wilson. He had a great year and I can't wait to see him pitch Game 1 of the ALDS on Friday.






Spiff outdid himself hitting some of the vintage lists as well. This 1977 Topps Bert Blyleven is very nice. An old card of a new HOF'er makes for a happy PATP.





Not to be outdone by Bert, we have another HOFer in this 1977 Topps Gaylord Perry. It's hard for me to believe that the Rangers had this tandem, although it didn't help them get to the postseason. Well, they're back in the Playoffs for the second year in a row for only the second time in franchise history.

I can't think of a better way to go into the postseason than to have a big box of Rangery goodness to sort through while I watch Game 1.

Thanks a bunch Spiff! I'm already looking forward to trade #2. I promise it won't take a year this time!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice cards and Spiff is a great trader. I'm decided that the Rangers are going to be my postseason rooting interest this year. I figured it was the the least I could do for sending us Hunter, Davis, Phillips, and Strop for Koji, Gonzalez, and Green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the trade man. Looking forward to hitting your lists again. Should be able to get a few more for you before it's all said and done. Thanks again for the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the cards ok. Looking forward to another trade. Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete