Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another pair of firsts

Nelson Cruz is writing his name in the record books with alarming frequency.

Alarming if you're a Tigers fan.




His 3-run homer in the 11th inning of yesterday's ALCS Game 4 was his 2nd extra inning homerun of the series. He's the first player in MLB history to hit two extra inning homers in one playoff series. Three other players, including Javy Lopez, Bernie Williams and David Ortiz, have hit two extra inning homers in the playoffs, but not in the same series.

I mentioned a pair of firsts didn't I? The other first was my first trade with Robert of $30 a Week Habit. Robert sent over a great stack of Rangers, including some from my favorite Heritage set ever.





I truly regret never getting to open any 2005 Heritage packs. I love the design, based of course, on the amazing 1956 Topps set. Alfonso Soriano is one of my top 10 least favorite ex-Rangers, but I needed the card so it's much appreciated.




Here is a top 5 member of my least favorite ex-Rangers, but again, this Mark Teixeira was needed for my Rangers team collection so I'm glad to have it.

Many thanks to Robert for these and the other Rangers cards he sent. It's always fun to get another new trade partner.

Go RANGERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment