Monday, November 28, 2011

Maniacal Laugh...Maniacal Laugh!!

If you haven't seen the new Muppets Movie, and I can't imagine you have, you might not get the title. Oddly enough, I was forced, FORCED I SAY !!, to see the Muppets Movie by my nine year old on Friday. It was not very good, but it did bring back some childhood memories, so it had that going for it.

This post by the Lost Collector brought back another childhood memory.


The card he got TTM'd is a card that played a semi-major roll in my trading experiences as a young collector.




It was this 1976 Walt Williams card. I've briefly mentioned the story before, but I'll go into it in greater depth when I get this card in hand, or better yet, when I get it TTM'd myself. This copy (or more likely one with more creases) is now sitting in my Diamond Giveaway portfolio because as soon as I saw the Lost Collector's post, I knew I had to have it. It didn't take much, just some a 1975 Brave.

I'm just about ready to have my cards shipped. I haven't receieved an offer in the last month that made any sense so I guess it's time to order them and be done with this year's giveaway.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I went to the Muppet Movie last Wednesday. I had to talk my 8 yr old into going. Noone else would go with me.

    I'm stuck in 1978 and I don't think I'll ever escape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!

    I wish I'd stop getting offers, although all of mine are coming from the same two people and it's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "just some 1975 Brave"???????????

    ANY Brave is worth at least 10 yankees. And not from a newer year either.





    damn texan.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not very good?! Bite your tongue. Lew Zealand even had a speaking line again. Now if only I could get a screencpa of Ninja Lew...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Muppets are GODS among my brothers and I. You do not grow up in the '70s without this happening.

    My brother took her daughter (who is 11) to the movie last week and I was so jealous that I did not have someone young enough as an "excuse" to see the movie myself.

    Guess I'll have to be that WEIRD guy ...

    ReplyDelete