Monday, January 23, 2012

How much sparkle is too much sparkle?

The answer is...there is no such thing as too much sparkle.

I recently picked up almost a case worth of Diamond Anniversary and Liquorfractors from Mike over at Sports Syzygy. The thing is, I'm not going to show you even one of those cards. The reason is that Mike sent over a short pile of vintage and oddball greats. I picked out the most colorful cards I could from the package.





"I'm not cranky, I just don't like airbrushed caps." That's a made up quote, but it might be what's on Bill Hands' mind on this 1975 Topps. Go here for a real write up on this card.





"I can't believe the color combo Topps stuck me with!" Maybe that's a made up quote, but that's what I hear Len Randle saying on this 1975 Topps card. Want to see a quality write up on Mr. Randle. Go here.





Even now, having seen it many, many times, I'm disturbed by Pete Broberg's hair. It's unsettling. If you haven't clicked on the other two links, I should tell you I'm sharing one of my favorite blogs with you. It's not active now, but it does highlight a great set.






Let's end on a HOF note with this super 1975 Topps Fergie Jenkins. There aren't a lot action shots in the '75 set so one like this really stands out. Feel free to check out that '75 blog one more time. If you missed out on it during it's first run, go click on some links. You'll be glad you did.

Mike, thanks for the amazing extra cards. I truly appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Don't know how I missed this when it was originally posted. I've been so bad on my blog reading as of late. I used to do it at work on my lunch break, but I usually end up doing other things these days.

    Glad you enjoyed the extra cards. You've participated in all of my baseball case breaks so far and that means things like first dibs and extra goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People still comment on the '75 blog from time to time, which is great to see!

    ReplyDelete