Monday, January 30, 2012

"O" No, Here We Go Again

Ryan over at "O" No, Another Orioles Blog, had been putting cards in a stack for me for a while. I lucked into a couple of cheap lots of cards on the Blowout forum and they happened to have a few Orioles I thought he would like, so a trade was born. I sent over some nice O's, but I think I really came out on top in this trade.




I can't even begin to explain these 2009 Goudey 4-1 cards. There are so many different ones and colors and...I don't even know. Actually I do know because I looked it up. You can find 100 cards in red, blue, green and black, with the black ones limited to 21. Well, that's what baseballcardpedia.com said anyway.




I like these Cracker Jack cards, but Michael Young looks like he's bunting in a sawdust field. Or maybe it's oatmeal. If you like 2004 Cracker Jack, then you should check out Nachos Grande's latest group break. It looks like a lot of fun.





I'm not too familiar with Upper Deck's 2006 Epic set. This is a cool Nolan Ryan Epic Events parallel, #637/675. The Epic Event just happens to be Ryan's 7th no-hitter. At the age of 44. Unreal.





I don't expect I'll ever bust a pack of Triple Threads, so it's nice to get Rangers I need from a fellow blogger. It's hard to imagine anyone collecting this as a set when the base cards are numbered to 1500 like this Ian Kinsler.




Ryan threw in the Emerald version of Kins too, #98/249.





Like many of you, I'm not a big fan of Bowman, but being a team collector, I have to get the Rangers. Getting the parallels for those Rangers is icing on the cake. This is a nice orange Julius...I mean Andrus, #231/250.




I pretty much started drooling when I saw this Michael Young on Ryan's site. I didn't have much hope of him trading it, but I just casually mentioned I liked it, and he was kind enough to set it aside for me. This Bowman Chrome orange refractor is #5/25 and is my second lowest numbered Michael Young.

Ryan, thanks for an amazing trade package. I'll be on the lookout for more Orioles for you.

1 comment:

  1. Only the second lowest #d Young? Dammit! BTW, I think Young might be bunting in "fortune cookies". (I really hope somebody gets the reference!)

    ReplyDelete