Thursday, March 29, 2012

High and Inside

During our intermission from the Pack Wars (brought on by the fact that I didn't get the 2012 Packs scanned), I thought I'd share a few of the cards Ryan from Ryan's Pitch sent over. Ryan sent these a month ago and I put the package in a bag that got set aside. I found it two days ago and felt bad that I forgot to post it, but happy to have found it. It was like getting another great package all over again!

This package was the result of me claiming some of the Wal-Mart blue bordered parallels that Ryan pulled. He generously sent over those and a stack of other cards he knew I'd like.





Michael Young is sharing the spotlight with Miguel Cabrera and Adrian Gonzalez on this 2011 A.L. Batting Average Leaders card.





Mike Adams should play a big role in the Rangers bullpen this year. It'll be nice to have him for the whole season.





Adrian Beltre was a beast last year and he looks like an angry beast on this card.

I like these blue bordered parallels. I don't really want to buy anymore Series 1, but I need to get some of the Target red parallels.




German Duran signed a sticker that some UD schmuck put on a 2008 UD Timeline card. I didn't have it, so it's nice to get one more I can mark off the list. Duran played in 60 games for Texas in 2008, but the Rangers waived him in 2009. He's reportedly in the Marlins camp this Spring.

The surprise of the package was this card.




I had inquired about this card and Ryan said it might already be claimed. I was pleasantly surprised to find Mr. Bench and his manu-patched retired number was now mine!

Ryan, thanks so much for the package! I'll get something heading your direction soon.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet Bench! I need to find one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the title of this post was going to be a recap of my college years.

    I like the Timeline auto, especially the team name at the bottom. They didn't make it so large to overwhelm the card like the Rockies in 2010 Topps. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if that's the largest 5 ever to appear on a card?

    ReplyDelete