Sunday, March 4, 2012

That's 21% of your budget

I don't know about you, but I don't have an exact dollar figure budgeted monthly or weekly for cards. I certainly end up spending more than I intend to from time to time, but one of the things that always trips me up is the trip to the post office. I love trading via the blogosphere, but that postage is a real dent in the old budget, real or imagined.

I recently completed a trade with Robert from $30 a week habit. I won't be showing all the cards he sent, but the box was so jam packed with cards, it cost $6.40 to ship it.





I showed this card because I think it's a sharp looking card, not because I like ARod.





Robert is also running a blog dedicated to collecting 1500 serial numbered cards. It's called Serial Numbered Insanity. He sent over a coupled of serial numbered Rangers. I hope these don't leave holes in his collection. This John Rheinecker is from 2008.





Here is another Gold Ranger, this time an Adrian Beltre from 2011.





This is a nice 2000 Pacific Private Stock Ivan Rodriguez #185/199.





The reason the shipping was so high is because Robert knows I like the 1956 Topps set and I've been looking at adding the 2005 Heritage set to my wantlists. He sent over 120 2005 Heritage cards to give me a good head start on that set.






The crown jewel of the trade was this 2008 UD Baseball Heroes Michael Young jersey #26/50. That blue parallel looks great with the Ranger blue Michael is wearing.

Thanks for a great trade Robert! I look forward to the next one.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!! You beat me to it. I'm working on my trade post too. Oh well, I guess great minds think a like. Nice looking cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to do it Brian. Thanks for your patience...I kind of dragged my end out a little. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright last one I got to get some work done.

    ReplyDelete