Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Overheard in the Dugout


Last night's Detroit vs. Texas match-up saw a game time temperature of 103 degrees at 7:05 PM.  The temp in Detroit at the same time was around 86 degrees.




Miguel Cabrera:  "Prince, it's a hot one tonight."

Prince Fielder:   "Why do you think I didn't sign a contract with the Rangers?"

Ok, I made that up, but I wonder how many players don't seriously consider signing with Texas because of the heat.  It was always the rumor that Randy Johnson wouldn't consider coming to Texas for that very reason.  I don't know how much truth there is to that considering he did pitch in Arizona.  Of course that's supposed to be a dry heat and the humidity here is killer sometimes.




1 comment:

  1. For a long time I heard that's why the Rangers could never get pitchers.

    ReplyDelete