Monday, June 18, 2012

Third time's a charm


I don't know how you organize your card scans, but I don't lump them all in together.  It might make them easier to find if I did.  In January, I made a 2012 scans folder and within that folder is a folder for the scans of every trade package I've received this year.  The 2012 folder also has a few blowout purchase folders and some miscellaneous cards that I've posted as well.

The first person to make it to three folders this year is Night Owl.  I've said it before and it bears repeating that Greg and I don't trade so much as just mail packages back and forth.  I can't tell you how many times we've done that since before I even started blogging.

The latest package was loaded with variety as always.



If you've ever read Night Owl (and who hasn't, really) you know he's a fan of Topps All Time Fan Favorites sets from 2003, 2004. and 2005.  If you don't believe me, you can see it here and here.   This is the 2004 version of Bobby Valentine.  Bobby V doesn't look any happier there than he does to be the skipper in Boston and in last place.





The only other Ranger in the 2004 All Time Fan Favorites set is Pete Incaviglia.  Mark off another team set complete!




How on earth did Night Owl get a 2012 GQ Nelson Cruz?  I thought he didn't buy any of this stuff.  I'm glad he sent it along to me, no matter how he got it.





This is how I feel every time I see another package in the mail, no matter who it's from.  Uh oh, I ended another sentence with a preposition.  I know you care about this sort of thing so I'll tell you the Feliz is #1600/2012.




It wouldn't be a Night Owl package without at least one vintage card.  John Ellis doesn't look like he gives a rip about this trade, but I'm glad to have him anyway.




How's that for ending on a high note?  I missed out on 2008 A&G so any time I get anything from that set, it's a nice bonus.  A black bordered mini of Josh Hamilton...well, that's icing on proverbial cake.

Thanks for the great cards Greg!

2 comments:

  1. The GQ came from the only pack of that I'll ever buy. I've successfully traded off every card from that pack.

    ReplyDelete