Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Don't Hate the Blogger, Hate the Team


The Coyote and the Roadrunner.

The Hatfields and McCoys.

Politicians and common sense.

What do these things have in common?  They are mortal enemies.  Such is the relationship between the Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Other Parts of Southern California.

I can dislike the LAAAAAA Angels, but that doesn't mean I have to dislike Angels' bloggers.  I actually like the ones I know.  That includes Tom from The Angels, in Order.  Tom sent me a care package of Rangers just because he hadn't sent me anything in a while.  Isn't that cool?  While I was excited about all the cards, I'll spare you and just show a handful.  A handful if you're missing a finger.





I've never seen this 2000 Skybox Metal Fusion Rafael Palmeiro/Ivan Rodriguez card.   It's pretty cool, but lacking in that craziness that we all know and love about Metal.  Don't worry, the craziness is coming.




Back in the day, I actually liked ESPN Sportscenter because of these two guys.  Keith Olbermann and Dan Patrick.  Of course, back then, it was just about sports.  I don't believe I've seen one of these 1997 Collector's Choice The Big Show cards before.  Juan definitely qualified as the big show around here back in those days.




Let's move on to the Rusty portion of the package.  I've waxed poetic about Rusty Greer plenty of times, so I'll spare you except to say how much I like these cards.  That Pinnacle Zenith card looks like it has so much gold on it, I may have to take it down to one of those gold buying places.




I told you we'd get to some Skybox Metal craziness and here it is.  That is a UFO flying behind Rusty.  Judging by the way Rusty is running, I don't think they are coming in peace.

Tom, thanks for the great cards!  I'm sure I can find something to send back when I get caught up with my other trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment