Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gint-A-Cuffs: Packs 17-20 Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun

I'm 2/3 of the way through my Ginter box and I'm sitting at 136 points.  That puts me on pace for 198 points, counting the 12 I got for the box topper.  Let's get right to the scoring.

Total through 16 packs - 136 points

Pack 17




Reggie Jackson, Yankee, -1 points.  Naturally, I have to start off with a Yankee.




Hakarl, CC mini, +3 points. I'm not going to tell you what Hakarl is because I don't want to be responsible for your nightmares.  Just know, if it's on the menu, don't order it.




Juan D'Vaughn Pierre, WIN, +2 point.  Wow, really?  No offense Juan, but I'm surprised to see you in this set.

Non-scoring cards:

Matt Cain
Mike Trout.  Shoulda been worth something just because he's fallen down from heaven and graced us with his greatness.   He is something else.
Roy Halladay
Jordan Pacheco
Dan Haren

Pack 17 total - +4 points
Running total - 140 points

That pack hurt more than it helped.

Pack 18




Greg Gumbel, Cabbage Patch doll, -1 point.  This negative point thing is killing me!




Evan Meek, jersey relic, +10 points.  My third and final???? hit of the box.




Andrew McCutchen, WIN, +2 points

Non-scoring cards:

Yunel Escobar
Brennan Boesch
Stephen Strasburg
Jeff Niemann regular back mini

Pack 18 total - 11 points
Running total - 151 points

That's better, but a pack with a hit only getting 11 points is not great.

Pack 19




Shetland Sheepdog, MBF, +3 points




Burj Khalifa, WTB, +3 points




Josh Hamilton, my favorite player and an SP +6 points

Non-scoring cards:

Willie Mays
Starlin Castro
Jaime Garcia
Tony Gwynn
Aroldis Chapman

Pack 19 total - 12 points
Running total - 163 points

A pack without a hit beating a pack with a hit?  That's nice.

Pack 20




Elvis Andrus, favorite team, +1 point.  I'll be lucky if the commish doesn't penalize me for that terrible scan.




J.D. Martinez, framed autograph, +10 points.  I alluded to the fact that my box had a 4th hit and here it is.  I was surprised when I opened this pack since it came only two packs after I thought the rest of the box was going to be void of points.




Joe DiMaggio, WIN, +2 Yankee -1,total +1 points.  Ginter giveth and Gint-A-Cuffs taketh away.

Non-scoring cards:

Kerry Wood
Adrubal Cabrera
Hank Haney
Alex Gordon regular back mini

Pack 20 total - 12 points
Running total - 175 points

Alright, that was a great round of packs and puts me in a good spot going to the final four packs.

1 comment:

  1. Pierre's a surprising inclusion based on his performance, but it's a set about middle names, and he has a unique one, so it makes sense from that standpoint.

    ReplyDelete