Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gint-A-Cuffs: Packs 21-24 Is it over already?


I'm coming onto the home stretch with 175 points.  I can almost smell 200.

Total through 20 packs - 175 points

Pack 21



John Smoltz, Sketch, +3 points.  At least it's not scary like the Cal Ripken sketch.




Nyjer Morgan, A&G ad back no number mini, +12 points.  I bet I looked at this card 20 times making sure I didn't see a number.




Sergio Santos, SP, +2 points

Non-scoring cards:

Jorge De La Rosa
Justin Upton
Cliff Lee
Chris Parmelee
Paul Goldschmidt

Pack 21 total - 17 points.  What a way to start the final 4!
Running total - 192 points

Pack 22




Sweet, sweet Kate Upton, +1 point.




Wade Davis, A&G back mini, +2 points






Rickey Henderson, WIN, +2 points

Non-scoring cards:

Andre Ethier
Brandon Morrow
Jose Valverde
Al Unser Sr.
Matt Joyce

Pack 22 total - 5 points
Running total - 197 points  C'mon 200!

Pack 23




Brandon League, black bordered mini, +3 points




The Fall of the Roman Empire, HTP, +3 points




Michael Buffer, SP, +2 points

Non-scoring cards:

Keegan Bradley
Ryan Zimmerman
Austin Jackson
Erin Andrews - back to back hottie packs.  That sounded bad even in my head and yet...
Ricky Romero

Pack 23 total - 8 points
Running total - 205 points.  It feels good to cross 200.  Now to add to the total.

Pack 24




Jerry Bailey, regular back mini of a jockey/Randy Newman fan, +1 point




Michael Pineda, WIN, +2, Yankee -1, total +1 points.  I started with a Yankee, I ended with a Yankee.

Non-scoring players:

Eric Hosmer
Juan Pierre
Hanley Ramirez
James McDonald
Ricky Nolasco
Johan Santana

Pack 24 total - 2 points
Final total - 207 points

The last pack was a letdown, but it was a good Gint-A-Cuffs box with that extra hit.  I'd trade it for Robert's box any day.

I won Gint-A-Cuffs 2 back in 2010 with a total of 268.7 points.  I scored 219 points last year and didn't win.  I have no illusions that 207 points is a winning score, but I've topped 200 points for the third year in a row so I guess I should be happy with that.  It was fun and I'm looking forward to next year's version if it happens.

Many thanks to the commish, Mark, for running this again.  I know it's a lot of work and it is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment