Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Target vs. Walmart


I think we've all become accustomed to the Target and Walmart exclusive parallels.  Red, blue, black...whatever it is, Topps has worked out a way to create even more cards to chase by making retailer-specific cards.  More cards = more money.  I get it.

One thing I don't understand is why certain products only show up at certain stores.  I know of two for sure.  




Topps Olympic cards have only been showing up at Target stores in my area.  It's not that I want to buy any more Olympic cards, but I don't know why they never had them at Walmart.




Panini Triple Play cards also haven't shown up at any of the Walmarts in my area.  The packs I bought the other day came from a Target that I shop at infrequently.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of Olympic or Triple Play cards, but I only go to Target about twice a year so I want equal opportunity for retail cards at Walmart.

I'm not endorsing Walmart because I'd like nothing more than to never give them another dollar, but that's not really an option around here.

Anyone have any idea why some products are only available in certain locations?

13 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why but I really wish they would go back to whole blasters of the parallels like they did in 09. I can't ever track down the whole team. When I find someone that has a blue border card they usually only have one. That makes like 20 different trades for me to get them all and that is just counting Wal Mart.

    On another note, I live 2 miles from a Target and I hardly ever go there. 99 times out of 100 I go to Wal Mart instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Walmarts around here only carry base Topps and nothing else, I always check and it's always the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the opposite here in NC where I work. I've only seen the Triple Play packs @ Walmart while Target still has packs and blasters of the Olympic cards. I'm done buying both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same deal here -- Olympic and Panini only at Target.

    My Target has a much larger selection of cards than my Walmart. But Walmart gets some stuff before Target sometimes, for example this year's Chrome.

    I have no trouble getting to either place, they're right across the street from each other. But Target is preferable because the lines and people aren't a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Target has only had GQ around here, never at Wal Mart. That was bad last year when I was chasing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here in AZ...I think Target only got bowman this year as well. Had been wondering the same thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must be special (no comments, people). I see any and all products at both Target and Walmart. It may help I have two of each within 8 miles of each other.

    http://youtu.be/cSZfUnCK5qk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a feeling Coronado2010 will have thousands of entries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to walmart today. No Triple Play. Target, yep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only purchased cards from Wal-Mart one time in my life. It seems like I live in the one area of the nation that doesn't have a Wal-Mart within a mile radius of where I live.

    That being said, my local Target has been absolutely awesome with getting new product on the shelves. They've had everything the first day I've checked. With a Target like that, who needs Wal-Mart?

    ReplyDelete
  11. pulled a yogi relic from a local grocery store in a ud masterpiece blaster. best $10 i ever spent

    ReplyDelete