Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thank you readers

Thanks for all the nice comments, well-wishes and prayers from yesterday's post.  We have one day of testing under our figurative belts with two more days to go.  If my wife's doctors are anything like mine, we probably won't find out the results of the tests until sometime after the Mayan calendar expires.  Still, the comments yesterday did give me a mental boost.

Another thing that made my day was an unexpected box of goodies from a reader named Fishlegboots.  You may recall his extreme generosity regarding an Adrian Beltre 1/1.




Yesterday, as I was leaving, I received this package.  It was completely unexpected and well-timed.  I was feeling apprehensive about the day and opening this provided  a much needed distraction.  




Tucked insider were two blaster boxes.




Tucked inside those boxes were a couple hundred Rangers cards and some play at the plate cards.  With all the doctor visits, I'm not sure when I'll have time to scan cards and I wanted to get this posted asap so here's a pic of a small sample cards that were inside.  First up on the left is a 2012 Bowman Platinum Martin Perez.  Next up is s 2005 Fleer Authentix Hank Blalock jersey card.  The third card is sweet.  It's a 1982 Donruss Jim Kern on card auto.  That is a great addition to my collection.  The last card I threw in to honor all you lefties.  Blame it on Night Owl.

Fish, thanks for the great surprise.  It brightened up a cloud day.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed them. Hope everything turns out for the better.

    ReplyDelete