Friday, July 12, 2013

A Friday Trio

One of the best parts of blogging is trading with other people.  Like many of you, I enjoy acknowledging my trade partners by posting some of the cards they send me. Unfortunately, I've fallen woefully behind in fulfilling this duty.  In order to catch up a little, I've picked three recent trade packages and pulled my favorite card from each package. 

First up is one of the hottest players in baseball.
 



This 2009 Topps Chris Davis gold parallel is #1014/2009.  It was sent over with a bunch of other gold parallels and some Target Reds as well from Fantastic Catch.  Chris was full of unfulfilled potential as a Ranger, but he's really blossomed this year.  I'd prefer he not hit anymore homers against my Rangers, but I hope he finishes the season the way he's started it. 




Next up is a sweet 2012 Bowman Platinum Nelson Cruz die cut.  Unfortunately, from the chatter around MLB, it looks like Cruz might be "cut" out of about 50 games in the second half thanks to the latest PED scandal.  I hope it's not true, but I'm afraid it will turn out to be the case.  This card and a bunch of other Bowman Platinum as well as Topps Walmart blue Rangers came courtesy of Ryan over at Ryan's Pitch. 




Last, but not least, the heavily eye-browed Cody Buckel from 2013 Bowman.  It's a little hard to see in this scan, but I don't think he could pull his cap down over those things.  Robert from $30 A Week Habit sent over a few 2013 Bowman parallels. 

Many thanks to these three fine gentlemen and all the rest of you who have sent me packages.  I'm slowly working my way through them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment