Monday, September 16, 2013

Thank goodness for cards

It's a good thing I have cards to bring a little joy into my baseball life because the Rangers totally suck right now.  They've lost 7 in a row and now trail Oakland by 6 1/2 games.

Say what you want, but I say they are really missing this guy...



They can't seem to generate any offense right now.  They have scored two or fewer runs five times this month with two of those games being 1-0 losses.  They are 2-11 this month and that just isn't going to cut it in the stretch run.  Can they hold onto a wildcard spot?  I doubt it at the rate they are going.

Keep the faith?  How about you guys freakin' hit the ball.




See, even mini Will is disgusted.




Derek Holland is 0-3 in his last three starts and has seen his ERA go from 3.00 to 3.40.  That's a pretty big jump for a guy with nearly 200 innings pitched.




Look at Nelson's eyes.  It looks like he's drugged out already.  Sorry, I'm just a bitter, frustrated fan right now.  I am SUPER HAPPY that the Troll is back to blogging some and he sent me the great cards above a bunch more that I didn't scan.  If you newer guys aren't familiar with the Troll, you should go back and read some of his fine work.  The guy is an awesome trade partner and wrote some absolutely epic posts.


I also got some great cards from Jim over at The Phillies Room.




A purple Ranger Cub.  I hope Olt does well with Chicago.  He seemed like a good dude.




I have to say the Target red bordered parallels look great with the Rangers.  This Craig Gentry is no exception.  I should really try to spend more of my cardboard budget and Target and stay away from Wal-mart.




Hey look, the Rangers are celebrating Cruz's return.  Or not.  These World Series cards are like salt in a still fresh wound.




I have a pretty healthy stack of these white bordered GQ cards.  This is my first Ranger.  I think.




How about a mini Darvish?  Sounds like a small desert.



Ooh, another GQ relic.  It's a grey swatch, but it's new to me.  When I say swatch, I mean clubhouse couch cushion material.  But not any specific couch, clubhouse or cushion.

Many thanks for Jim and Marck for taking my mind off the Rangers dismal play, even if only briefly.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you for even being able to watch. My blood pressure goes through the roof and I start getting headaches...so over the past 5 games I've only been getting updates through my Scorecenter app on my phone. The play on the field right now is infuriating.

    ReplyDelete