Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Duty Calls

Please go read the final four entries and vote in Nachos Grande's Blogger Bracket Contest.  I'm in the final four, but I'm not begging for votes for myself, but want you to read the entries and vote for the two best ones.  Thanks!

Now, it's time to say goodbye to David Murphy.  Cleveland is signing him to a 2 year, $10 million dollar contract.  That's pretty decent coin for Murph.

Last year I considered making him my new favorite Ranger after the departure of Michael Young.  I was up in the air over the decision and recently decided who that would be, but more on that in another post.

Josh Hamilton's departure before the 2013 season meant that David Murphy was finally going to get a chance at the full-time left fielder position.  Unfortunately, Murphy couldn't nail down the job well enough to warrant the Rangers re-signing him after the season.  After 6 fairly productive seasons in Texas, Murphy could only coax a .220 average out of his bat and that did him in as the Rangers near term left fielder.




Murphy has had some pretty nice cards in recent years and I may do a compilation post later, but for now I'm showing off two Murphy autos I picked up during my recent Ebay shopping spree.

The 2005 Bowman auto set me back $3.99.



I like this 2009 UD Signature Stars card much better and it was a better deal, costing only $1.60.  Not too shabby.

I'll miss Murphy and I wish him all the best in Cleveland.  I may have to see about getting tickets to a Cleveland game so I can see him with his new club.  It'll be fun, as long as the Rangers still win.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure why, but I've always liked his signature. Probably because I see similar things in my signature. David and Daniel can look pretty similar in cursive.

    ReplyDelete