Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Another trip to the Candy Store

The candy store is the home of my former LCS owner.  I spent more money on this trip than I've spent before.  A whopping $35.

I didn't scan everything because some of the cards were picked up specifically for other people.  The bulk of the money was spent on two cards.




This is not one of the two cards.  My friend had a binder with an almost complete set of 1996 Leaf Limited. I pulled out all the Rangers like Dean Palmer.




These cards do a great job of showing how dirty my scanner is...(mental note, pick up some screen cleaner).




More Leaf Limited...




a little more...almost done.




Finished.  What a way to end too, with Night Owl's my favorite player, Will Clark.




He had a whole bunch of thees Stars 'N Steel cards too.  I picked out Pudge and Juando.




I might have picked out a couple for other people as well.




These 2001 UD Hall of Fame Gallery cards are nice.  I found a Bench.




Nolan looks happy to be in the collection.






I did scan a couple of the vintage cards.  That's a very colorful 1959 Topps Braves team card.




Slowly, but surely, I'm picking up all of his 1955 Bowman cards.  I got two this time, including this Andy Pafko.




I don't always scan the backs of cards, but I Pafko's biggest thrill in baseball was interesting.  His mother got to see him hit a grand slam, but didn't see him play again as she passed away two years later.  I wonder if she was ill during that time or if there was another reason she didn't get to see him play again.

My total cost for these cards, plus about 50 other "modern cards", 15 cards from the late 50's and a couple of jersey cards  was $10.

The last two cards cost me $25 so they must be good right?  They are, but you'll have to wait until the next post to see them.

I know, I know, I'm sorry.  I don't want to blow your mind completely and totally all at one time.

2 comments: