Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I need a Nap

Bloggers come and go.  If you've been around more than a few weeks, you've witnessed a blog go dark.  If you've been around longer, you've seen a lot of them go dark.  It's always a little sad to see someone hang it up, but every one of us will do it eventually.  Some bloggers just disappear without a trace.  Some, like the one and only Napkin Doon, are kind enough to let us down easy.

Nap decided to end his Adventure after three years of entertaining us.  I know I wanted to visit Cleve's card shop to see what kind of goodies would be auctioned off.  The fact that Nap collected Rangers may have contributed to my bias for his blog.

Just before Nap signed off, he emailed me and asked if I had any Etopps cards. I told him I didn't think so, but I did have a dormant account with Etopps.  He said he would send me something.

In all honesty, I sort of forgot about it because I had a week of vacation coming and that had most of my attention.

One of the 12 packages I had waiting for me upon my return from vacation was from Nap.  If anyone asks now if I have any Etopps cards, the answer will be a resounding yes.

These didn't scan well because they are encased in an industrial strength hunk of plastic.  Still, I present them in all their chunky glory.





This 2004 Michael Young is a "Limited Edition of 2004".  I don't care about the other 2003 of these, but I sure appreciate having just one.




This is a 2005 Texas Rangers team card.  I recognize Kenny Rogers, Alfonso Soriano, Mark Teixiera and Hank Blalock.  I'm not sure about the other two guys.



Last, but certainly not least, we have a 2009 Ian Kinsler.  This one is #298/749.  This is my favorite of the bunch.  It's a nice picture and a simple design.

Nap, we miss you already even though it's only been two weeks.  Thanks for the great cards and more importantly, sharing 3 years of Adventures with us.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Pickups. For a moment there I thought you were going to be hanging up the cleats and catcher's mitt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them, and thanks for kind words!

    ReplyDelete