Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mr. Intense

First, let me thank everyone who read and commented on my post about Opening Day yesterday.  One commenter didn't agree that Opening Day should be a US-only affair and I respect his opinion, but I have to disagree.  Opening Day should be held in the US in one of the cities represented by the two teams playing in the games.  If MLB wants to play games that count in a foreign country, I don't really care, but it shouldn't be Opening Day.  Figure out a way to do that sometime during the season if you want, but leave Opening Day alone.  That's just my opinion.

On to the post for today.  I'll be holding a contest in a few days, but today I'm happy to announce that I recently won a contest held by Andrew over at Need More Cardboard.  He sent me an envelope stuffed with goodness and I picked out a few (6 is a few, right?) to show off.




One of my favorites is this 1995 Skybox Emotion Mr. Intense Will Clark.  I think that describes him perfectly.




I thought this was an odd Joe Mauer and one that I hadn't seen before.  It's one of those Trading Card History inserts from 2008 Topps.




Some of the stuff Andrew sent will end up in other people's hands.  This 2009 Ginter Chase Utley black bordered mini might be one of them.




Cliff Lee had a brief stay in Texas in late 2010.  He started the first game of the 2014 season for Philadelphia against Texas and gave up 8 earned runs.  Thanks to Texas' fine pitching staff, he also got the win.




Some dude name Clayton Kershaw.  You may have heard of him.




Michael Young is bleeding red and Dodger blue on this 2014 parallel.  I'm trying to decide if I want to collect Young's post-Ranger cards.



My son was happy to see this 2013 Panini USA Baseball Champions (sorry, I need a break after typing all that) Kyle Farmer Game Gear jersey.  He loves his USA stuff.

Andrew, thanks for all the great cards.  I guess I should thank all the people who mentioned me for directing them to the contest.  Apparently all those extra entries helped me win!

2 comments:

  1. It's been almost 20 years and I'm still in love with 1995 Skybox Emotion. That's such an awesome set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks again for entering and directing so many other bloggers to the contest!

    ReplyDelete