Monday, May 12, 2014

It's Elemental

The great thing about blogging and being a part of this community is the generosity of fellow bloggers. Getting a package from someone just because is a nice way to end the day.  Back before my short "2000th Post" hiatus, I received just such a package from Tim of the blog, Home of the Toddfather.

Tim took the time to gather up some Rangers from my want lists.  Knowing how much everyone loves "trade" posts (even though this isn't one), I'll just keep you briefly and show three of the cards that caught my eye.



I like cards with throwback uniforms (provided they aren't the Pittsburgh Steelers bumblebee unis).  I'd rather see the Rangers wearing the powder blue uniforms from the mid 70's though.  This card does remind me of the time the ball bounced off Jose's head and over the wall.




Rick Helling was a hard throwing rightie, but he didn't last too long.  He looks like he belongs in the cornfields in Field of Dreams.



Michael is serious.  Don't mess with Texas.  (Especially you Rockies....I hope we don't have to play them again.  Ever.)

Tim, thanks for the cards.  Your generosity won't go unrewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment