Monday, October 6, 2014

Rockets, Trains and Cats

I spent last week in Atlanta on a business trip.  It was my first time in Atlanta, but with the Braves not playing, the best I could do baseball wise was the cab ride past Turner Field.  After resting up from the trip, my family and I headed out to the State Fair of Texas after church on Sunday.

The Texas Sports Hall of Fame has a great display set up in the Hall of Texas at the Fairgrounds. They have game used uniforms from Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, Nolan Ryan and a host of other Texas greats.  The memorabilia in the displays ranges from boxing to Olympics to basketball and everywhere in between.  One of the coolest items was Doak Walker's 1950 college football All-Star game uniform.  Of course, I didn't get a picture of that.

I did get a couple of baseball related pictures.



This display had college and Major league memorabilia from Roger Clemens and the amazing Astros jersey of one Mr. Nolan Ryan.  You can just see an old Rangers uniform in the background alongside a Fort Worth Cats jersey.




The ladies were well represented as well, with a nice game used jersey and glove from Cat Osterman. You can see a boxing glove as well, but did you see that I mentioned Cat Osterman.  Yea, that Cat Osterman.  Mmm, hmm.

If any of you have the chance to go to the State Fair, I recommend it.  You can eat all those amazingly disgusting fair foods of course, but you can also see some great sports memorabilia.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing the boxing glove has to be Foreman's right?

    ReplyDelete