Wednesday, October 29, 2014

You remember him, right?

I know I haven't been blogging much lately, but I feel certain that you'll remember my LCS buddy. The guy I bought all the great vintage cards from, the guy I bought the Nolan Ryan rookie from, the guy I bought all the 5000 count boxes from?  Yea, that guy.

I haven't been over to see him since school let out for summer.  I'm aware that we are now about 9 weeks into this school year, so it's been a while since I visited him.  I called him up the other day and stopped by for a quick visit.  He hasn't purchased any big deals since I was there last, but he is looking for a deal and told me he would call me first when he finds one.

He still had a few binders of cards leftover from before, but most of them are stuff I'm not interested in buying.  There are a couple of binders with HOFer autos and some relic cards.  I picked through the relics and got a few to trade and bought three autos, two of which are HOFers.

I'm going to use the HOF autos for a November contest (yes I do remember those too).  I picked out a few cards to show off here and these cost me a 50 cents.  I spent a buck on loose cards, but I'm also saving the other half for another day.

Let me know if you think I got a good deal for my half dollar.




This is a 1998 Topps Stars N Steel Tony Gwynn.  This card should be a registered weapon because it could cut you.  




Here we have a trio of Hall of Famers from 1998 Topps.  These Lords of the Diamond are quite pointy.  We have Tony Gwynn, Frank Thomas and Greg Maddux.  Not a bad threesome.




Last, but most certainly not least, we have some sweet catcher prospects from 2003 Topps Chrome. Oh sure, I see Brandon Phillips and Justin Morneau, but we all know I'm more interested in Victor Martinez and Joe Mauer.  I'm especially pleased to have that Mauer card.  I have a lot of Mauer stuff, but not a lot of early Mauer stuff.

I don't know about you, but those 6 cards for 50 cents is a deal I can live with (and use more of when the opportunity arises).

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. TSA would probably confiscate those "Lords of the Diamond" cards!

    ReplyDelete