Monday, January 5, 2015

I'm in and so is Elvis...the Wallet Card Game

I couldn't resist the opportunity to once again carry a card in my wallet.  When I was in the Navy, I couldn't take my baseball card collection with me to sea on the sub, so I carried one card with me in my wallet.



It was a 1992 Post Will Clark.  Licensed and everything.  I may or may not still have the card somewhere, but it didn't fare too well after several years at sea.  I will say it might be the only card to spend so much time underwater and survive.

Thanks to Baseball Card Breakdown, 2015 may be a banner year for wallet cards.




This is my wallet, which I just got for Christmas, and a 2012 Topps Opening Day Elvis Andrus.  I chose this card because it's a Ranger AND a play at the plate all at the same time.  I started carrying him in the wallet on January 2nd.  I don't know how Elvis will fare this season or in my wallet, but I look forward to the places he'll go.


4 comments: